THE KLONDIKE #IAMAKLONDIKE CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined a Promotion winner.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Klondike #IAMAKLONDIKE Challenge (the “Promotion”) starts August 9, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends August 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. By entering, Eligible Entrants acknowledge full and unconditional acceptance of and compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and with Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a Grand Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Void where prohibited by law. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter, as follows:
a) By Replying to a Post: During the Promotion Period, @klondikebar will make posts on Twitter (the “Site”) announcing the Promotion (the “Post”). You may enter by following the instructions in the Post to reply to a Post with the hashtag #IAMAKLONDIKE (the “Submission”). Then, you must change your Twitter display name (not your Twitter handle) to “Klondike” to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the random drawing.
b) If you are Served a Promoted Post on Twitter: During the Promotion Period, @klondikebar will make promoted posts on Twitter announcing the Promotion (the “Promoted Post”). If you are served up one of the Promoted Posts, you may enter by following the instructions in the Post click where indicated to tweet the pre-populated copy (which will include #IAMAKLONDIKE) stating that you will change your display name on Twitter to “Klondike” (the “Submission”). Then, you must change your Twitter display name (not your Twitter handle) to Klondike to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the random drawing.
You must change your Twitter display name to Klondike and keep your display name as Klondike until August 16, 2019. Entrants must follow @klondikebar on Twitter for their Submission to be eligible. You must have a public Twitter account for your entry to be eligible. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Limit one (1) Entry per person. All Entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 12, 2019 to be eligible for the random drawing. The person posting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder of the Site account submitted at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a Site account is defined as the person who is responsible for joining the Site and who manages the e-mail address associated with the Site account. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the Entry. The Entry must: 1) be complete to be eligible; 2) be the property of the Entrant. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Submission qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Participation is subject to disqualification of all Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person. As applicable, normal Internet/phone access and usage/data charges imposed by Entrants’ online/mobile service will apply.
- Entry Requirements: By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. The Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entries should not contain any third-party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than Klondike). Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing material, in their sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit. Twitter is not affiliated with this in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Promotion or the awarding of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of Promotion by Twitter is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website, social media accounts, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected a random drawing on or about August 16, 2019 from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging agency whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of Eligible Entrants who submit an Entry.
- GRAND PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1 total): A lifetime supply of Klondike bars, awarded as fifty-two (52) product coupons and a check for $17,500 (ARV: $17,700). Prize is nontransferable and no substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value.
- GENERAL: The Sites’ computer timestamps are the official timekeepers for purposes of this Promotion. Potential Grand Prize winner will be initially notified by direct message on Twitter and must follow the instructions outlined in the direct message within twenty-four (24) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to execute and return, via email a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability within forty-eight (48) hours. If the Grand Prize winner fails to reply to the direct message or fails to complete and return the requested form by the specified date, if the forms are returned as undeliverable, Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Grand Prize winner and all Eligible Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize. Grand Prize winner assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or use or redemption of the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Grand Prize winner’s name, likeness, Entry and Submission for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the prize from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation as outlined above. As a condition of entering the Promotion, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after August 30, 2019, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by September 30, 2019 to: Klondike #IAMAKLONDIKE Challenge - Winner, 100 Marcus Drive, Dept: SD, Melville, NY 11747.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Conopco, Inc. d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632. The Administrator of this Promotion is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, New York 11747.