CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or Vine. You understand that you are providing your information to Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever and not to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or Vine. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Contest winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever.
- Contest Period: The Rules for Being a Kid Contest (the "Contest") begins May 1, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends May 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period").
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (the "Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively the "Sponsor and its Administrators"), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
- Entry Requirements: By entering, you understand your Entry may be featured in the Rule Gallery (on Facebook and/or Pinterest) and you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. The Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. Entrants must not use any trademarked Rules/slogans, etc. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entries should not contain any third party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than Popsicle). Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit. A Twitter account is required to enter via Twitter and can be opened for free at http://twitter.com. A Pinterest account is required to enter via Pinterest and can be opened for free at www.Pinterest.com. An Instagram account is required to enter via Instagram and can be opened for free via the Instagram Application on your mobile device. A Vine account is required to enter via Vine and can be opened for free via the Vine Application on your mobile device. If you do not have a Facebook account, visit Facebook.com to set up a free account. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Vine are not affiliated with this Contest in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Contest or the awarding of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of Contest by Twitter, Pinterest or Facebook is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Entries may be posted on the Sponsor's website, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- JUDGING TO DETERMINE WINNERS: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners and a minimum of forty (40) and a maximum of fifty (50) First Prize winners will be determined on or about June 1, 2014 by Sponsor-selected judges, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest, based on the following criteria: 40% Relevance to Theme; 30% Quality of Rule; and 30% Creativity. In the event of a tie score, the tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on Relevance to Theme.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Judges' and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The judges and Sponsor will notify the potential winner via a comment on the winner's Submission on Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram/Vine or via Direct Message ("DM") to the winners' Twitter handles on Twitter between June 1, 2014 and June 21, 2014. The potential winner then must follow the directions in the comment/DM to send a private message/DM to receive additional instructions on how to claim the prize within a time period specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be determined. If potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian.
- Prizes: Grand Prize (5 total): The opportunity for Winner's Rule to be featured on a future Sponsor-selected limited-edition boxes of Popsicle® pops and in the online guidebook on Sponsor-selected sites and a $500 check made payable to the winner (Value of Grand Prize: $500.00 each; there is no retail value associated with the feature and winner will not receive any compensation for the feature). First Prize (Minimum 40; Maximum 50 total): The opportunity for Winner's Rule to be featured in an online guidebook on Sponsor-selected sites. There is no retail value associated with the First Prize and winner will not receive any compensation for the feature. All elements of features, including specific platforms and duration of features are in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes are awarded "as is" without any warranty or guaranty of any kind. Limit one (1) First Prize per person.
- General Rules: Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed (for non-cash prizes) except by the Sponsor. Potential Prize winners will be required to sign and return, an assignment of rights and eligibility confirmation and release within three (3) days (including weekends) of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner may be determined. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination. Winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, Facebook, Pinterest , Twitter, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of the prizes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners' names, likenesses, Entries and Rules for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (or when setting up winner's account). "Authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, Online Service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the prizes from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation as outlined above. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws. As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant (or parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs.
- Winners List: For the names of the Grand Prize winners, available after July 1, 2014, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by August 1, 2014 to: Rules for Being a Kid Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Attn: LH, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor/ Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The Administrator of the Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.